Dixon Elementary School was established in 1900 as the Dixon Corner
School. It began as a goat shed. The hurricane of 1906 blew the shed down and
classes resumed in the Dixon Corner Masonic Hall. In 1920, Ella Grant
applied to the Rosenwald Foundation and had a small schoolhouse built, which
was completed in 1923. In 1968, the present main building was completed. Two
additions have been completed since 1968, one in 1972 and another in 2000. The
school now serves 500 students.
Dixon Elementary's Mission Statement
At Dixon Elementary,
We inspire a community of lifelong learners and leaders.
We recognize, honor, and celebrate the leaders within us.
We Love learning, Excel in academics, Achieve goals together, and Do what is right.